The shape of retail customer journeys is being highly disrupted by technology. Whether we’re talking of eCommerce or physical stores there are several opportunities to improve these experiences. As a result, we've been cooperating with different partners to improve our customers’ shopping experience, regardless of where they are. This 24 hours' hackathon is another step forward to a new retail experience, and we believe you can make a difference! If you can build a team capable of developing a prototype in the grocery retail field, then you have what we are looking for. As a student you can come to develop your skills; as a Startup founder or member, you can integrate your technology with our resources and get direct exposure to our directors; as a professional, you get to challenge yourself.
Empower the phigital Customer Experience anddiscover hidden knowledge by leveraging data.
Imagine a better customer journey leveraging Continente’s APIs from browsing catalogues to checkout enabling interactions with physical touchpoints.
Identify products that are in Continente’s product catalogue using information shared through Continente’s APIs and image recognition capabilities.
Empower customers through a basket that is augmented with relevant information generated automatically as health indexes or recipes.
Knowledge Behind Data
Show-off the data scientist in you and discover new information behind all the data. Take it a step further and pair it with an insightful visualization model.
Product Data Enrichment
We have our product catalogue and we own data about our products. However, sometimes to provide a better experience that data isn’t enough. How can we enrich that data? Can we collect it elsewhere? Can we crowdsource it from customers?
Voice for everything
Voice is increasingly becoming a viable instrument for performing all sorts of actions. Bearing this in mind, how can we incorporate voice on our customer journey and offer a better experience?
Tailored Digital Experiences
Develop our portfolio digital relevance through the creation of new or enhanced experiences, built upon existing digital products or by creating your own. Sonae MC portfolio includes not only Continente but also Bagga, Dr.Wells, Go Natural, Make Notes, Note!, Wells and ZU.
Do you believe you have a brand-new idea in the retail field worth developing? We trust you. Make it happen and impress us!
TTo help you prototype the solution, you will have access to Continente online API which, besides the access to full product catalog, will enable you to create and update shopping carts for your users. Cartão Continente, our loyalty card, and its APIs will also be available.
You will be able to use data from sales/transactions, checkouts at the stores, historical stock data and self-scanning audit data.
The AZ3166 Board
Thanks to Microsoft, we will be giving away Azure IoT Development Kits, in order to provide participants with the unique opportunity to create hardware-based projects with zero assembly required.
These kits are based on the MxChip AZ3166 IoT Development Board, which provides an especially nice starting point for cloud-enabling your hardware projects:
- It includes a number of sensors, saving you a lot of time in prototyping (and making the hardware immediately useful);
- It has built-in support (and Arduino libraries) to securely connect to Azure IoT Hub over Wi-Fi and let you instantly send data to the cloud for real-time processing and storage;
- It can send sensor data to the cloud immediately — track motion, monitor temperature and humidity, or have your users press a button to signal your cloud application;
- It can receive control messages from a cloud app (and display messages, turn on lights, play sounds…);
- There is a VS Code extension to provide a seamless development experience.
Disclaimer: There is a limited number of kits — first come, first served. To claim your kit, you need to be working on a project that takes advantage of this resource. One kit per team — no exceptions, sorry, we want to make sure as many teams as possible can access it.
Day 1 - Thursday, May 30th
|14:00||Welcome to the Fight!|
|15:00||Let the games begin! The clock is ticking...|
|You'll be visited by mentors during the afternoon.|
Day 2 - Friday, May 31st
|15:00||TIME's UP! Deadline to submit presentations|
|16:00||Showtime! It's your time to shine!|
|17:30||Deliberation... or should we say Investment time!?|
|18:00||And the winner is ******|
- - A coffee station with snacks and drinks will be permanently available;
- - We'll have a Nap Room to allow you to rest or stay during the night (not mandatory). Showers won't be available though;
- - Teams must have someone at the venue during checkpoints;
- - Some surprises may come to light without notice;
- - The organisers reserve the right to change the program. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯